Saturday 20 February 2010

If one thing all this building work is allowing me, it's an excuse to make some accessories to go with all the rooms. We've lived with the revolting inherited decor for so long now, I'm just gagging to get going on making things. I'd avoided making much to fit in with the existing schemes. They obviously weren't staying, so it seemed a waste of time and fabric to make things to go with them.

Now it's all systems go! As you know I've been collecting fabrics for a while to use for these projects and last night I started playing with some of them, thinking of them for a throw for the living room. I am a little bit nervous, it is safe to say, that what is in my head may not quite come out right in a throw. I am fairly confident that the fabrics work well together. And I am even more confident that I like them. But will it have that snuggly wow factor that I want to achieve?

It does feel rather daunting to use such precious fabrics, only to muck it up. So having done a few strips last night, I think I'm going to take a back seat for a while. It's laying on my studio floor at the moment. I think I'll leave it there a while, walk past it every now and then, move it around a bit and take my time. The living room walls are still bare plaster, so there's really no rush.


12 comments:

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

It's GORGEOUS dude! I know what you mean about leaving it to gestate a bit though; I do that with most of my paintings. It'll be a dream of a throw. :) x

Krista said...

This is going to be beautiful!

Unknown said...

I think it's absolutely beautiful! And I want it!! It's going to look perfect and you've inspired me to want to get going on the one for my bedroom!
Manda
xx

treefall

Snooze said...

your colour choices are WOW. it's going to look amazing.

sew obsessed said...

Your choices of fabric are lovely, I especially like "garden party" its one of my favorites. I haven't cut into it yet but this has spurred me on!

Unknown said...

Wonderful colours! bright yet not to bright in your face, can't wait to see it finished. Kx

Andi said...

Beautiful fabric combinations.
It will be gorgeous.
In terms of the snuggly factor, lots of use will make it snuggly.
Be sure to chose batting that gives a feel you like too!!
Andi :-)

One Flew Over said...

Lovely selection! It is going to be one beautiful qilt!

Unknown said...

It looks great so far - and you're doing the right thing letting it sit a while.

Love the new header, if that's not an indicator of how gorgeous the throw will be I don't know what is!

Helen Cuthbert said...

I say go for it! The fabrics you have chosen look really nice :0)

Kylie said...

They are amazing fabrics! Just beautiful. I'm totally with you on the contemplation period - I look at things for ages before deciding on the right placement/combination. Have fun :) K

dots and spots said...

As you know I love your blog and all the lovely things that you make! Please accept this well-deserved Sunshine Award, (I expect you have had one already!) check out my blog to find out more: http://dotsandspotsdesign.blogspot.com/