Tuesday 13 April 2010

The Hoop Up Swap on Flickr that I've been involved with for a while now is finally coming to completion.

I have to admit that it has been quite a challenge to fulfil. I go through phases when I am able to sit and embroider and also when I am in the mood to do so. I don't think everyone has received my best, as some of the pieces I've felt under pressure to complete when I haven't been wholly in the mood.

It has however been good to be taken out of my comfort zone working to someone else's brief and do some pieces that I may not have thought about doing. I have also met some great people along the way whose paths I may not have crossed.

(stitchery adapted from www.incywincytogs.blogspot.com)

So I shall take the positives from the experience and look forward to receiving and sharing with you, the pieces that others have kindly and thoughtfully embroidered for me.

6 comments:

Ganesh said...

Beautiful work Karen! I never knew that that was what embroidery was! I've heard the term before, though. It's a wonderful thing to have when you've finished all the work. Keep on creating beautiful pieces of art like this.

One Flew Over said...

I think you are being too hard on yourself, you pieces look fantastic!!

Me and Ma said...

Hi Karen, I have just been on the hoop swap link and there are some lovely 'hoops'. Are new swaps organised when the last one finishes ? I can't seem to see where you would sign up... Do you know of anyone who organises quilt block swaps ? Maria

Kylie said...

They look great! I'd love to see what you do when you are in the mood Mrs! :)) Kx

myBearpaw said...

thanks for the sneak previews - looking forward to seeing the whole things, they look great!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.