Wednesday 24 November 2010

As well as producing my own art for our newly decorated walls, I'm also in the market for picking up pieces here and there to inject some life and personality.

I've just discovered the talented Eloise Renouf on Etsy today and bought this print, that is just perfect for our colour schemes. I can not wait for it to arrive. I am also thinking I'll have to buy this one too. I think they'll work really well together.

Whilst I was in a buying mood today I bought this tiny (it's only 10 x 10cm) canvas from my friend, Tara. I love Tara's work and it's not going to be long before there isn't a room in the house without a little touch of Tara.

That's where the buying has stopped for today, but there are quite a few more that are on my wishlist...

I simply adore this mixed media piece by Rachel Austin. The colours are just perfect and the design is so appealing

Another newly discovered Etsy artist today (am I spending too much time on Etsy, do you think?) is PrintmakerJenn. Both these next 2 are by Jenn and again, both the colours and the designs are right up my alley and would work perfectly in my house.


And finally (for now), one that is a little different, at least in design, but certainly not colour, another British based artist. I love this black and white screenprinted cityscape by Karolin Schnoor and the zesty green of the trees peaking through is just genius.

The only reason I didn't buy any of these was that I couldn't decide between them and would have ended up having to buy the whole darn lot. I've a feeling, I'm not going to be able to resist any of them for much longer...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Will you kick yourself if you don't buy them???? That's what I always ask myself.
I love the prints you've chosen - especially the one with the yellow flowers, it seems very simplistic, but it's naivety is very appealing.
Jill x

Jo @ life in lists said...

They look fab! And reflect a bit of a love of screenprinting :)

Jane said...

I'm afraid I may have to shamelessly copy you and buy the two Eloise Renouf prints! We must have a very similar colour scheme because they're absolutely perfect for a bedroom in our house too. Thanks for sharing this Karen - I'm really excited now! x

One Flew Over said...

They are so beautiful!

Kylie said...

Wow! You've had fun I see ;) Love them all but that first one is a real winner. Kx