Friday 4 February 2011

I've been trying out a new idea this week. Actually, to be pedantic, I've been trying out an idea that has been mulling around in the far corners of my brain for, ooh, about 4 years, ever since I first started designing these.

I can't blame not being able to find the time. It's been more a case of stalemate and knowing where I was starting from and sort of knowing where I was going to end up, but not sure of the journey I was going to take to get there.

A lightbulb moment occurred last night, some time between finishing tutoring, dropping Noah off at Scouts and coming back to get Ruby to bed. You know how it works. And it was plainly obvious that I wasn't going to be going to bed until I'd at least got somewhere along to trying it out.

I have got somewhere along and I'm quite pleased with where it's at and hopefully they'll be ready for a bit more show and tell early next week...

6 comments:

Justine said...

Intriguing!! Can't wait to see more next week!! Oh and save me your red scraps will you please I need lots of red/pink 2" squares for a current project!!!!!!

elsy said...

wonderful fabrics.....cant wait to see the end result!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Anonymous said...

Liking this a lot!

Kylie said...

Very cute Karen! I've been bitten by the toy bug too - it's fun, isn't it? :) Kx

Trudi said...

That is some gorgeous fabric - looking forward to seeing what you make.