Monday 18 April 2011

Whilst we are on the subject of spring and garden's and enjoying our beautiful weather here in the UK (sorry Aussie's heading towards winter) let's just stick to the theme of flowers for one more day.

I'd mentioned that my garden and particularly my deck needs some attention and colour leading into summer, so yesterday, when I walked up to the local florists to get Passover gifts for family we are visiting over the next few days, I put in a few sneaky purchases for us.

These daisy plants just sang out to me and I can just picture them re-flowering throughout the whole summer. They depict summer perfectly to me and I'd already decided I fancied lots of fresh white and yellow on the deck.

I'd seen some mini ones of these and already thought a row them in yellow would be fun filled with an abundance of white flowers.
Then I placed my daisy pots in my flower stand, which my lovely Grandma bought us for a house warming gift and decided that this filled with the white daisies would get the look I was after too.

So my 3 pots are a start - it's amazing how many plants you actually need before you start noticing them - and pretty soon the deck will be my summertime solace and if the sunshine continues, then all will be good.

4 comments:

cafenoHut said...

I love daisy. This season, everywhere are full daisies and tulips in İstanbul (Turkey) .
but the weather is still very cold:(
I can not stand wait to prepare our balkony for summer.

Gilly Tee said...

Happy flowers, they make you smile, well me anyway.
Gillx

Nicky said...

Looks like you too are enjoying the good weather. Plants always enjoy company - just like people!

Did you have lunch outside? If you choose your plants carefully you can add the petals to your salad - if you can spare the flowers!

Kylie said...

They are just wonderful! The perfect deck bloom I think :) Funnily enough, we suddenly have abundant sunshine and blue skies too... no sign of winter in Brisbane just yet. I love between seasons :) Kx