Wednesday 17 August 2011

I wonder where I get it from...

Grandma recently moved into a care home. She absolutely hated being on her own after Grandad died earlier this year. She didn't need or want any of her possessions with her and so sent us all round to give everything good homes.
Not only was there a beautiful old oak chest of drawers for our bedroom, but I laid claim to some of Grandma's threads.

My sister caught site of the boxes and immediately we recognised where we both get our sewing and storing addictions from.
Unfortunately because she is as addicted as I am (even if not as productive - she has a 'proper' job) I did agree to split the collection...

...I did manage to procure the yellows and greys however ;-)

2 comments:

Emma Thomsen said...

Oooh Lucky you! We were looking for wooden cotton thread reels the other day without success - so that we could put nails in one end and my Mother in Law could teach our daughter (her Grandaughter) how to French Knit. She's teaching her knitting at the moment. Sewing and knitting is what Grandmas are there for (my Grandma got me in to sewing).

Kylie said...

:) Kx