Thursday 17 May 2012

 I would like to blame Lu Summers for my latest addiction...
Yesterday Lu posted about her fantastic Teeny Weeny block, following a tutorial she had found. I was smitten and before I knew it I had countless 2" squares sitting on my desk.

Lu had found the tutorial from Elizabeth Hartman via Pinterest (don't you just love Pinterest?) and set to work on her block. If you haven't already seen Lu's block go check it out...it's super cute.

 This really is one of those genius ideas that makes sewing with tiny pieces of fabric a doddle and that's from someone who likes her pieces big!


The secret behind this method is placing the cut squares onto fusible interfacing and then 
folding and sewing in strips. You will honestly not believe how simple and quick it is and before you know you too will be requesting to be a member of Stamp Collection Block Anonymous because I defy you not to be addicted!


Head right here for Elizabeth's step by step tutorial, but be warned you will not walk away unscathed...

7 comments:

The String Empire said...

Really cute! Thank you for the link to the tutorial. I am heading over there right now! This may prove dangerous for all the other errands I'm supposed to be doing right now.

linda litchfield said...

Like Orfeo, I didn't heed the warning not to look back at Eurediche, and now I have looked and can feel those stirrings of another obsession!

Nicky said...

Very cute in your fabrics Karen!

I have deadlines to meet so I cannot allow distractions at the moment...sadly!

Does the interfacing make it very thick and stiff?

Cherie said...

I have the tutorial bookmarked....the squares cut... the interfacing to hand....the iron where it always has been.
Love your block!

Kylie said...

How wonderful!! Thanks Karen for sharing this. I love what you've made (as always!) Kx

beth said...

I'm using the same tutorial right now!!! I noticed you iron your seams open. Are they snipped and then ironed to the side instead?

Marg said...

I love your choice of fabrics for this. I found that tutorial awhile ago, but only used it recently. It's a fantastic way to have precise squares, and is so easy too. I still need to finish quilting mine.