Wednesday 9 May 2012

I've had a humungous pain in the neck today and been resting motionless on my bed for most of it, but thankfully I had something to keep my mind off it...


I have to say this book is rather spectacular...not that you would expect anything less from the Fat Quarterly team.

It has to be said that I have my fair share of quilting books and this is way up there with the best of them.

For starters it is split into 6 chapters, each with it's own shape, making it very simple to navigate around and find tutorials for exactly what you are after. 
On the face of it that seems what you would expect, but unlike my other quilting books this is definitely more of a resource for all those blocks you see around and have no idea how to make. 


But it doesn't stop there. Not only are there fantastic step by step tutorials for all those blocks you think you know about and want to learn how to do, but there are fantastic Fat Quarterly interpretations and tons of new ideas too.




 Only what you'd expect huh?
I think this is going to be one of those Must Have Most Valuable Resource books that every sewer, quilter will have on their shelves in years to come.





And there is more...beautiful made up projects putting some of the ideas into practice.
Again...only what we have come to expect from these guys.


I can't quite decide which of these 2 projects I'm going to try out first. I love the random appliqued circles over the simple patchwork and the wonky triangles incorporating valuable scraps is to die for.


If you haven't ordered your copy yet you need to head over to your nearest stockist pronto...here or here is a good place to start...


and a big thank you to the lovely Katy Jones for sending me a copy and stopping me being a big pain in the neck!

2 comments:

Nicky said...

Ha can't tempt me with this one as it is already on order and a few others!

Kylie said...

Oh wow! What a treat. I'm not even a quilter and I'm excited ;) Hope your neck feels better soon, Karen. Kx